10 January 2010

A new direction!

Since I don't have anything terribly interesting to contribute in terms of witty and original social commentary anymore, I decided to take this incredibly popular blog in a new direction: food!  Pretty much all I do anymore is make food (with Leah) and study physics (also with Leah).  And sleep occasionally.  So here are some interesting things we've made recently.  Yesterday was a lamb flank from Central Market, which Leah marinated with olive oil, minced garlic, coarse ground pepper and I think an Italian seasoning.  We also had orzo with lemon juice and some lemon zest (too much, perhaps), and also my feeble attempt at Outback Steakhouse-style green beans.  (Next time I will use probably half the amount of brown sugar that recipe calls for.)






And since I don't have a vegetable steamer, we built one that sort of looks like a spaceship:


No comments: